Raj Mandir Cinema is a well known movie theatre in Jaipur, Rajasthan. It is situated on the Bhagvan Dass Road in Jaipur. Many touristas visit the theatre as part of their Jaipur sightseeing tour, tours are also arranged by the Jaipur travel Company.
The theatre was opened for the public on 1st June 1976. Mr. Mehtab Chandra Gocha was the visionary of the theatre. He wanted to establish a cinema hall which would not only screen movies; but make the audience feel that they are royal guests, with lavish interiors and seating arrangements. The theatre was designed by the renowned architect W.M Namjoshi in the Art streamline modern style. The theatre is large and spacious with lavish and meringue interiors. It is a hot tourist attraction and remains full throughout the year.
Fact about Raj Mandir Cinema
· The first movie that was screened in the theatre was ‘Charas’.
· Raj Mandir Cinema is often referred to as the ‘Pride of India’
· The theatre looks like huge pink cream cake with a meringue auditorium.
· The architecture and interiors are a blend of traditional temple look and modern Disneyland look.
· The theatre is owned by Bhuramal Rajmal Surana, one of the renowned Jewellers of Jaipur over 250 years.
· One can book tickets one hour early to screening of a movie to or even seven days in advance. The current ticket counter also opens 45 minutes prior to start of any movie, but then one will have wait for one’s turn to buy tickets in a queue.
· Show timings of the theatre- the first show starts at 12 P.M and the last show starts at 9:45 P.M.
· The theatre has seen the screening of numerous movies and witnessed numerous Premiers of movies over the years, and is one of the famous tourist attraction of Jaipur.