Fatehpur Sikri is regarded to be the crowing architectural legacy of Akbar, the most respected Mughal Emperor in Indian history. It is considered to be a popular historical place located in Agra, presenting tourists with medieval architecture and constructed during the 16th century. Tourists can Visit Fatehpur Sikri at any time of the year, since the climate here favors tourism in all seasons.
Some facts to know about Fatehpur Sikri
· This city was constructed to honor Sheikh Salim Chisti, a Sufi saint, who is known to have forecasted birth of Jehangir, Akbar’s son.
· It is currently a popular UNESCO heritage site visited by the millions.
· Tour of Agra without visiting the Fatehpur Sikri is regarded to be incomplete.
· This city best reflects Gujarati and Bengali architectures.
· Its location is quite ingenious, while boasting the keen township planning skills of eh emperor.
· Numerous wonderful palaces adorn this walled city complex along with monuments including the Diwan-I –Khas, Diwan-i-Am, Birbal Bhawan, Paanch Mahal, Jodha Bai Palace, Jama Masjid, Buland Darwaza and Saleem Chisti Mausoleum.
The Buland Darwaza
It is considered to be the world’s highest gateway, constructed by Emperor Akbar for celebrating his victory in Gujarat. It is also known as Gate of Magnificence, a mammoth 175 foot tall structure, which in its look appears masculine and impressive.
It is another famous attraction of this place. It has been designed in the form of a Buddhist temple. There are five storeys which reflect the country’s rich heritage. Being constructed in sandstone, this beautiful palace is situated within the fort’s boundary. About 56 columns support the palace, offering tourists with a spectacular view of the Buland Darwaza. Also is present an enchanting pool within the palace called Anoop Talao.
For Agra Sightseeing, it is useful to book the best package with a reputed travel agent.