Are you planning to go for a holiday with your family? Then Delhi is undoubtedly the right place to be. There are plenty of reasons to visit the capital city. To assist with your adventure and to make the most of your holidays, there have emerged several top rated tour and travel agents like Jaipur Agra Tour.
Visiting historical monument in Delhi
The city of Delhi has always been in the limelight among tourists due to its rich and cultural heritage. It is also the seat of power before and after independence. There are several monuments that one can get to see in Delhi and its outskirts. But the one that is regarded to be an iconic one is the red fort in Delhi that draws tourists in millions throughout the year to have a look at its beauty and architectural marvel.
Some facts about red fort Delhi
- It is also called popularly as the ‘Blessed Fort’, having served as the royal family’s official residence.
- It was constructed in the 17th century and is still a significant monument as the Prime Minister of the country unfurls the flag of the country to hail its independence from the foreign rule every year during Independence day.
- It is located on the banks of River Yamuna, encapsulating within its walls, the different periods of history of the country.
- It showcases fabulous ornamental work including artistic expressions, displaying Persian, Indian and European architecture leanings.
- It is Shah Jahan, the Mughal Emperor who had designed and commissioned its construction.
- The complex of the Fort includes Diwan-i-Aam Pavilion, Diwan-i-Khas, Nahr-i-Behisht and Rang Mahal.
It is indeed a marvelous beauty and definitely needs to be within the itinerary of every traveler visiting Delhi. Trusting upon a reliable and well established travel agent like Jaipur Agra Tour, you can enjoy every moment of your trip.