If you are planning to visit the city of Delhi for the purpose of Delhi sightseeing, then you are to ensure availing the services of the best tour and travel company in the region, offering the very best services worth the investment. When you research upon the different companies here, you are likely to come upon one particular name “Japji Travels” that has been enjoying raving reviews from its clients.
Visiting the Gandhi Smriti
This place is filled with interesting history, which is what is said to lure tourists in thousands here, throughout the year. The Gandhi Smriti was previously called the Birla Bhavan or Birla House, presently has been converted into a museum that has been dedicated to the father of the nation, Mahatma Gandhi. This great man had spent his life’s last 144 days at this place. Originally, the place belonged to Birla family, who has dedicated it to establish the Gandhi Eternal Multimedia Museum in 2005. With the best Delhi Travel Company, you can be rest assured of getting to view the place in and out and make the most from the tour.
Some interesting facts about the place
- It is a 12 bedroom house, constructed by Ghanshyamdas Birla in 1928.
- The Birlas frequently welcomed guests like Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel.
- Before his assassination on 30th Jan. 1948, Gandhiji had stayed here from 9th September 1947.
- After tough negotiations, the house was purchased by the Government of India in 1971 for a whopping Rs. 5.4 million including urban land of 7 acres in exchange.
- On 15th August 1793, the house was renamed ‘Gandhi Smriti’ (meaning Gandhi Remembrance).
Tourists go for Gandhi Smriti Sightseeing and check out the grounds and the building, including the well preserved room, where Gandhiji had lived and where he got shot.
We provide you with stress free sightseeing of this important place as well as other places of interest in the city and its outskirts.