Sawai Mansingh Stadium
Sawai Mansingh Stadium is a well known cricket stadium in Jaipur Rajasthan. It is named after the great Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II. The stadium is situated at one corner of the Ram Bagh circle in Jaipur. Although the stadium is not a tourist place, still one can visit it to witness the great facilities it offers, a must visit for all the cricket fans. Enjoy visit to the stadium and Jaipur sightseeing by tours arranges by Jaipur Travel Company
The stadium was built during the reign of Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II. The architecture and interiors of the stadium is a blend of traditional and modern style. The outside architecture resembles the traditional Rajput style of architecture. The stadium is equipped with modern seating, lighting and other essential amenities and arrangements. The stadium provides an international recognition, as it has hosted many ODI, test, T20 cricket matches.
Facts about Sawai Mansingh Stadium
- The stadium has a seating capacity of 30000.
- It is home to a world class crocket academy, which has 28 rooms, a gym, a restaurant, two conference halls, media rooms, gallery and swimming pool.
- The first ODI was played in the stadium was in the year 1983 between India and Pakistan, where India won the match.
- The stadium has hosted some of the major tournaments in its field – Women’s Asia Cup, 2006; ICC Champions Trophy, 2006 and Cricket World Cup- 1987 and 1996.
- The stadium also hosted the historic India Pakistan test match in the year 1987, when the then President of Pakistan General Zia-ul-Haq visited India to witness the second days play; as part of his ‘Cricket for Peace’ Initiative.
- The stadium is the home ground for the Rajasthan Ranji team and the IPL Rajasthan Royals team. It also hosts Pro Kabaddi matches.